In a Financial Times article, marketers shared tips on getting the most out of Twitter while still staying on the good side of its users. Among their recommended do’s and don’ts for brands:
• Claim your name. Listen before you leap. Have a purpose…
• Don’t “broadcast” but instead approach tweets like a conversation where you might be challenged.
• Don’t be lured by sites that promise tons of followers for FREE, aim to grow organically. A few quality followers are worth more than tons.
• Talk the same language as your audience. Brands that generate the most clicks, follows, replies are the ones that engage.
• Remember that Twitter is about people so you have to let the personality of whoever is tweeting come through.
• Don’t be too salesy. It’s really, really boring and will just make you (and thus your brand) look like a tiresome jerk.
Read the article and other recommendations at: http://tinyurl.com/mlaxv5
Don Beehler provides public relations consulting services to small- and medium-sized advertising agencies and businesses.