At the conclusion of a special event in which a client participated, everyone involved on the client and agency side should evaluate what worked well and which areas need improvement. Key questions to evaluate the event include:
1. Did the organizers deliver on their promises?
2. Did the event live up to its attendance projections?
3. What percentage of the attendees would be considered our target market?
4. What new business opportunities emerged?
5. How good a quality were the leads that were generated?
6. Did the event prove to be newsworthy?
7. How did this activity compare with other PR/marketing efforts in terms of value for the investment?
8. Did we stay on budget?
9. Did we leave an impression that is consistent with our brand?
10. If we had it to do again, would we still have been involved?
Don Beehler provides public relations consulting services to small- and medium-sized advertising agencies and businesses.