Whether it is strategic philanthropy or cause marketing, the most mutually beneficial relationships generally are those in which the organization has a direct link. Here are a few examples of causes that directly tie with industry and corporate objectives:
• A pharmaceutical company that contributes to medical-cause charities
• An architectural firm that renovates buildings at children’s homes
• A food company that supports food stamp funding programs
• A bookstore that sponsors a literacy program
• A music store that sponsors a concert
• A toy manufacturer that contributes to child abuse causes
Don Beehler provides public relations consulting services to small- and medium-sized advertising agencies and businesses.