Creating content for your agency that stands out from the pack isn’t easy to do, and sometimes even trying to define what constitutes excellent content can be a challenge.
Google is the dominant Internet player when it comes to deciding whose content is noteworthy, and it looks to social signals—in the form of shares, likes and traffic to the site—to identify stellar material.
What sort of content do people like and tend to share?
I believe its content that is well written, enjoyable to read, relevant, timely and to the point, without a lot of extraneous fluff and stuff. Compelling visuals are very helpful as well.
Here’s what it’s not: a disguised sales pitch, a headline that promises one thing but delivers another, boring copy or a recycled version of conventional wisdom that really doesn’t offer anything new.
The following are 10 suggestions for creating engaging agency content that clients and prospects will find useful and want to share:
- Write with a specific audience in mind
- Offer new insights or information
- Share guidance for solving a problem
- Be practical and relevant
- Offer thoughtful analysis
- Discuss a trend and its implications
- Make a prediction
- Take a counter viewpoint—or at least a different slant—to conventional wisdom
- Offer tips and advice that are actionable
- Develop an emotional connection by telling a story
photo credit: homethods MacBook Air Entrepreneur Blogger Business – Credit to https://homethods.com/ via photopin (license)