Audio of my “How to Craft an Agency PR Plan that Drives New Business” presentation from Michael Gass’s inaugural Fuel Lines New Business Conference is available at the Fuel Lines website.
My session walks through the building blocks of creating a performance-based public relations plan for advertising, digital, media and PR agencies.
It also explains how the strategic use of PR can enhance awareness and credibility; distinguish your agency from competitors; and make it easier for decision makers to find you.
- How PR helps prospects discover you
- What PR can do for your agency that no other marketing tool can replicate
- How a small- or mid-sized agency’s strategic use of PR can level the playing field with larger competitors
- What your agency’s PR plan should include, and how to integrate PR into your new business development strategy
- Cost-effective resources that can help you generate publicity
- Why not having PR capabilities can cause your agency to miss out on new business opportunities
My podcast interview with the Agency Management Institute’s Drew McClellan about what goes into a successful in-house ad agency PR program also is online.
- The dramatic changes PR has seen over the years
- How agencies can use PR as a strategic tool to drive new business
- How to determine what stories to pitch
- Ways you can become discoverable so that reporters can find you
- The kind of news that is truly newsworthy for agencies
- Why you shouldn’t think about using PR with the expectation that people will write stories about your agency
- How agencies can get the right kind of attention
- Incorporating PR into your business plan
- How to correctly use PR in relation to speaking engagements
- How to use Google Alerts to capitalize on PR opportunities
- The steps to take right away to boost your PR